Latest Hard Metal Pricng

Friday, October 12, 2012

Lisbon Liars Club Business Is Prevalent And Pronounced

LIES, LIES AND MORE LIES


On September 28, 2012, I submitted to the town a Freedom of Access Act (FOAA) requesting a copy of the grants received by the Police Department.  The FOAA read and I quote “Respectfully request a copy of the documentation awarding the town of Lisbon the grant for the furniture for the communication department and the new police antenna currently being installed.”

The response I receive floored me.  The town sent me a copy of the email from Chief Brooks to Mr. Eldridge and I quote “Steve, There were no grants for these projects.”  




 Lisbon Police Chief David T. Brooks and Lisbon Fire Chief Sean Galipeau

Now, I distinctly remember Mr. Eldridge telling the town what a fine job Chief Brooks had done in procuring these grants.  I also remember Chief Brooks stating from now on all grants will have to be matched.  I remember reading on page 4 of the proposed 2013 budget under 01-110 General Government/Contingency line item 5227 Grant Matches and I quote “Provides Grant Matching for PD Cruiser Video System $10,000 and furnishing to comply with Federal Grant Funding of equipment for Dispatching $15,000.” 

All of a sudden there never was a grant for the furniture or the police antenna and we learn that it is for the Fire Department use also.  So where is the money coming from to pay for the new furniture and the antenna?  You don’t suppose they hid the money in other parts of the budget and on August 21, 2012 transferred the funds from other accounts to pay for these projects do you?  I call this misappropriation of our tax dollars.  These people continue to provide false information to the people hoping no one will follow up on it and see what lies the people are being told.
 Lisbon Town Manager Stephen Eldridge



 Judge Judy

Judge Judy says you can always tell when a teenager is lying because their lips are moving.  I believe this is true of our town manager and others.  Mr. Eldridge has provided so much false information to the people it is unreal.  There is no wonder the town council no longer provides me answers to my questions.  They can rest assured I will verify everything they say.

Larry Fillmore
Concerned Citizen

1 comment:

Councilor Cote said...

Lisbon Liars Club (LLC's) have cost Lisbon residents a lot of money.