Latest Hard Metal Pricng

Friday, April 24, 2009

A Reader Asks...Sell Properties To Pay For Repairs

Assessing and Code Departments:

Looking at some of the proposals that the Town Council and Town Manager are proposing on eliminating these 2 positions and I assume farming these positions out to another town or city, I have a few questions on the feasibility and cost or savings on this matter.
First, I think that we should do a cost projection on just how much another town or city is going to charge us for these 2 positions. Does this include wages, vehicle cost, insurances, retirement, comp, and other misc items.

On the upgrade and or Replacement of the High School, I agree that we should not spend the half million dollars on an assessment to see if we need to repair or replace the school. I only have 1 question. I thought that we voted to sell the existing MTM and Lisbon Elementary schools back when the current Lisbon Community School was built. By selling these properties, wouldn't that fund some of the needed repairs or up grades on the High School?