Latest Hard Metal Pricng

Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Reader Seeks Info. On Lisbon Fall's "MET Theatre"

I'm an on-line reader of your publication who lives in Colorado. My wife and I particularly enjoy the history of Lisbon/Lisbon Falls articles

My wife was born in Lewiston and lived in Lisbon Falls throughout her childhood. My wife's parents owned and operated the MET Theatre which was on Main street. The time period was the mid-1950's. In fact on January 4, 1951 George Neagle bought sole ownership of the MET from his partner Adam Sichol.

I've been searching for any history and especially any photographs of the MET. If you could point me toward any information about the MET it would be appreciated. I've been in contact with the Lisbon historical society and the Maine historical society.

Nice job on your publication.

Max Cameron
Colorado Springs, CO

NEW: cameronmaxw@hotmail.com


 Posting my note is a nice idea. Of course you may post my email address as well. It is fine with me if readers send any information to you, forward to me, or send directly to me.
 
The MET is mentioned many times in Stephen King's book "Cujo". My son found a few articles and some playbill prints but so far we have not found any pictures of Main street which show the MET. So, any information would indeed be very helpful.
 
BTW: My wife was indeed saddened to learn of the Kitty Korner closing. Her childhood home was very near the Kitty Korner. She would walk from her home to the store quite often. Thanks very much,
 
-Max



How well I remember the Met Theatre. It was located next to where the optometrist is now. You can still see on the bricks on the side of Downeast where the building used to be. Went to many a Saturday cowboy movie there when I was a kid. I have a friend who worked there, selling tickets in 1946/47/48. I just called her and she doesn't have any pictures or anything. I wonder if Dick Nadeau would have any information? He's lived here all his life. 
Memories.
Dot

No comments: