Latest Hard Metal Pricng

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Save Monies

I know if we got more volunteers to do work within the town hall instead of paying tax increases maybe we could cut expenses. Since  some of the people working in the positions that get these outrageous pay hikes don't do anymore than they did the year
before instead of bitching about how much they get we need to implement a system that the taxpayer can redeem volunteer time spent helping out, can get a reduced tax break. There are enough Military retirees that have skills that could help out our town, and
if by some sort they can have the time spent just like bartering they can see some relief. When I first got here I wrote the Governors
office that there were a couple of states that has this plan in effect. It went nowhere and I was told about the BUDGET it was already
done for the year. Now I know there must be skills that our town can use instead of wasting money and bitching about it. 
This town needs a change, and if wants to continue to grow it needs to offer something to get new people here and keep the old people feeling that this too is their town. I am ex-military and I know things do not happen over night, but a plan needs to be drawn
up for those who want to stay here but not be burdened down in taxes.
Respectfully,
Sandra Kent
Retired Navy

No comments: