Latest Hard Metal Pricng

Monday, August 20, 2012

Councilor Cote Writes To Explain Route 9 Issue

Councilor Cote’s Input

Let me start by explaining my side of the situation so that you readers understand the magnitude of this dire situation that Lisbon’s so called Town Management find themselves in now.

In 1993, Jerry Samson, Lisbon’s Tax Assessor, wrote me a letter and also stopped by my Small Engine & Lawn Mower Repair Shop to inform me that I was in violation of town ordinances by operating my business in a Rural Open (1) Zone.  He stated in writing, that if I did not cease operation immediately I would be finding myself in Court. 

To comply and be a good citizen, I closed my very successful business.  And I say successful because I was drawing business from another ‘grandfathered’ small engine repair and junk yard (owner was and still is a member of the Planning Board) just down the hill.  Funny how that worked out!

Currently, we have several businesses operating in violation of town ordinances with the blessings of the town.  So how are they going to solve this situation, legally? 

I ended all my business operations as required by the letter that I still have possession of.  All the while new businesses open up, some expand, and others like Councilor Gina Mason and her husband Rick circumvented the ordinance by getting the Planning Board to approve a temporary conditional use permit to operate an agricultural business in a Rural Open (1) Zone, with no expiration date.  They have an excavating and dirt hauling business.  Which is more agricultural a lawn mower repair shop or dump truck, excavator, & bulldozer business?  

Let the facts speak for themselves.
There are numerous businesses in operation and violation now.

Signed, Roger Cote

No comments: