Latest Hard Metal Pricng

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

THE LISBON POLICE ON THE JOB‏


This Sunday morning, September 23, 2012, at around 4:45 a.m. I was awoken by a crash and grinding of metal. I called the police department to report it.

After daylight, from my upper deck at  School Street, I saw the 25 mph traffic sign across from my home was broken off and on the ground. I called Town of Lisbon Police Department and gave the Dispatcher the information, including hearing the crash around 4:45 a.m.  


The dispatcher said he would inform Public Works to replace the sign.
I suggested that perhaps the Police Department should be informed as well.
When leaving to attend Church a police officer was parked in front of my property. When I spoke with him he assured me that the sign would be replaced.

Later that morning I went to the site.
Apparently a vehicle had gone out of control, over the curb across the sidewalk; there are tire tracks on the lawn, the jagged edge where the sign was broken off, and damage to the tree where it had been hit, rather hard, I assume by the vehicle that left the tire tracks. 

It was a comforting feeling that the Lisbon Police Department was notified of the accident, but not so comforting that they were more concerned with replacing the sign than an accident, hit and run, had occurred involving damaging public and private property. 

Dot Fitzgerald
A Very Concerned Lisbon Citizen,
and Taxpayer

(all photos by Dot) 



Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "THE LISBON POLICE ON THE JOB‏":

If I didn't know any better being an automotive technician. I think those are Hummer tracks. I have heard that Denise Bowie got thrown out of the "Lower Club" and has been looking for a new place to drink. Anyone check the left front end of her Hummer for damage or are they just waiting for one from her?  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I didn't know any better being an automotive technician. I think those are Hummer tracks. I have heard that Denise Bowie got thrown out of the "Lower Club" and has been looking for a new place to drink. Anyone check the left front end of her Hummer for damage or are they just waiting for one from her?

Anonymous said...

Denise no longer drives a Hummer, so get your facts straight before you go posting on a public forum!