Latest Hard Metal Pricng

Sunday, October 28, 2012

OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK – PART 2

OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK – PART 2


Now that you have seen one of the tactics utilized by management to ensure the Public has no idea what is going on by using two different sets of numbers, we will see how this applies to our tax dollars.  I utilized the numbers provided to the Public to find out which accounts received the funds.  As you can see by Part 1, I used the wrong numbers so it took me two Freedom of Access Act (FOAA) requests to get the correct information.

One would think that before anyone transferred any funds; there would be a plan in place.  I would think it should be clear as to why the funds are being transferred and into what account the funds are receiving the funds.  I cannot tell you if the council received the plan but the Public certainly did not.  So I asked and check out what it cost me.  I circled the information.

Apparently, the Finance Director, Jessica Maloy, had to do two (2) and a half hours of research to determine which accounts received the funds.  This is the computer age and I would think, even if you did not have the plan written down, it should be able to be retrieved from the computer.  Not in Lisbon!  I was charged $22.50 for this information.  This should have been at her finger tips and taken no more than 5 minutes at most.

(Click on documents to print your own copy)

Now let’s look at the information provided by the Finance Director in response to my FOAA.  Remember, at the Town Council meetings I asked the council three times where the funds were transferred to from the Tax Increment Financing (TIF) program and finally Chairman LaRochelle stated it was put into the Economic Community Development Department.  Well, according to the Finance Director it was moved into Legal, Public Works and Winter Public Works.  IF THEIR LIPS ARE MOVING THEY ARE LYING.  This is why I have had to request the information under the FOAA program.  It is the only way to get to the truth.

So now comes the big question; “Why are taxpayers dollars being moved around so early in the year?  Were these accounts inflated to cover-up misappropriation of our tax dollars?” Taxpayers have a right to expect the town council, town manager, and the Finance Director to provide accurate information when it comes to our tax dollars.


Now that I have the correct sheet to work off of; what do you think it is going to cost me to find out which accounts received the funds from the following accounts?:  Elected Officials, Social Security, Town Buildings and General Assistance.  Apparently, all of these accounts have also been inflated.

I wonder why we suffered a tax increase this year.  Part 3 will show taxpayers how to utilize funds and hide the use.

Larry Fillmore
Concerned Citizen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two and one half hours to gather this information. No way! This task should have taken a few minutes by checking out the accounts on the computer. What the hell is going on at the Town office. Apparently many incompetent employees are working there.