Latest Hard Metal Pricng

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Write-In For School Committee

Could you please publish this letter to get my name out before Election Day. Thank You, Amy Dudar, 45 Main Street, Lisbon Falls, ME 04252 207-329-1200



Dear voters,
 
     I am writing today to ask you to vote for me as a write-in candidate for Lisbon School Committee. Let me start by telling you a little bit more about myself. I grew up in Central New York and moved to Lisbon Falls, Maine in 1999. My husband, Peter, and I picked Lisbon as a town that we thought would be good place to raise our children. We had previously been living in Portland but were looking for a small-town environment that had a close-knit community, and through some research, we decided to settle in Lisbon Falls. Our daughter, Vivian, is a Kindergartener at the Lisbon Community School, and we are currently in the process of adopting a second child.  We are very happy with the life we have established here in Lisbon, and I feel that I am in a place where I can help our town make improvements.

I have always had a passion for education. I currently work at St. Joseph's College of Maine as a Nursing Lab Coordinator, and have had that job since 2003. As part of my job, I work with the nursing students at all levels and can appreciate how important their schooling is before they get to college.  The youth of Maine need to be well-educated to be able to compete in today’s job market, and working at the college level, I am able to see where many of today’s students show weaknesses in their learning skills.  I believe we can fix this together, and would very much like that opportunity.

I am a very hard worker and I am committed to helping improve the quality of education for our children. I would be honored if you would add my name, Amy Dudar, as a write-in for school committee member. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact me by email or phone.

With Thanks and Regards,

Amy M. Dudar

No comments: