Latest Hard Metal Pricng

Friday, January 11, 2013

Lawless Lisbon, Lies, Liars and Lisbon Management; Somethings Just Never Change!!!!!!!



YOU BE THE JUDGE!!!!



During the first of September 2012, I brought it to the attention of the Assessing Clerk that LaRochelle Properties, LLC was receiving a “Homestead Exemption”.  At that time, the Assessing Clerk informed me it was legal.  I could not accept this to be true so I contacted the Maine Property Division and asked the state if it was legal for a LLC to receive a “Homestead Exemption” and the state told me “NO”.  I then contacted the town Assessing Office and relayed this information to the clerk.  Mrs. Malloy informed me that she had been in contact with the state and they confirmed the fact a LLC does not qualify for a “Homestead Exemption”.  Mrs. Malloy told me she would correct this situation.



At no time did we discuss who was to blame.  According to the documentations dated April 23, 1998, LaRochelle Properties, LLC has been receiving the “Homestead Exemption” since 1999.  






 Editor's note:  The list of Town Councilors on letterhead is also incorrect. Mike Bowie and Lori Pomelow are no longer councilors but perhaps are still active behind the curtain of dignity, integrity, and honor.


 Lisbon Tax Assessor William Van Tuinen

However, Mr. Van Tuinen’s letter contains a lot of double talk which I plan on correcting.  First, let’s start with defining “illegally” for him.



il·le·gal   [ih-lee-guh l]Show IPA adjective

1. forbidden by law or statute.

2. contrary to or forbidden by official rules, regulations, etc.: The referee ruled that it was an illegal forward pass.

noun

3. Informal. illegal alien.



er·ro·ne·ous   [uh-roh-nee-uh s, e-roh-]Show IPA adjective

1. containing error; mistaken; incorrect; wrong: an erroneous answer.

2. straying from what is moral, decent, proper, etc



I called it “illegal” because according to the Maine Property Division, a LLC does not qualify for this exemption.  Since this is the legal determination, I call it illegal.  Mr. Van Tuinen can call it anything he wants to include “erroneous” if it makes him feel any better. 



In Mr. Van Tuinen’s letter he states and I quote “I have not yet assessed any supplemental taxes to correct erroneously granted homestead exemptions deducted from the assessed valuation of an LLC”.  I brought this to their attention back in September and Mr. Van Tuinen has not taken any action.  I wonder why?  There are only three scenarios to explain this:  (1) lazy; (2) covering for a Good Old Boy; or (3) hoping it would go away.  There certainly is no reason to contact the state for any further guidance because they have already ruled on this.




 Lisbon Town Council Chairman Fern Larochelle
At the last town council meeting, Chairman LaRochelle was quite put out that this situation had been identified by me.  He was also outraged that I published it on the Lisbon Reporter and the LisbonMaine.net.  Chairman LaRochelle claimed I dragged his parents name through the mud.  If you care to check it I have never blamed anyone other than the town for this situation.  But what is really interesting is that Chairman LaRochelle stated that he had paid back ten (10) years of back taxes.  How can this possibly be true if Mr. Van Tuinen has not made a determination as stated in his letter?  Apparently, someone has miss-spoken.



Who do we believe and how do you determine who in lying?



Larry Fillmore

Concerned Citizen

No comments: