Latest Hard Metal Pricng

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Lisbon Town Council Motto: "No One Knows What Goes On Behind Closed Doors" "And That's The Way We Like It Uh Huh, Uh Huh"












EXECUTIVE SESSIONS



During the last town council meeting, I tried to explain to the council that the motion to go into Executive Session does not comply with Maine Revised Statute 405.  As usual, Chairman LaRochelle did not want to hear anything I had to say.  However, Vice-Chair Ward asked me to send her an email explaining my position.  I sent Vice-Chair Ward the email the following day and included a copy to the only remaining councilors I felt would understand what was going on; Councilors Garrison, Lunt and Pesce. 




Councilor Pesce and Vice-Chair Lisa Ward


Councilor Mark Lunt






Councilors Garrison and Bickford

I heard back from all of them stating they believe they are complying with Maine law.  Paragraph 4 states “must indicate the precise nature of the business”.   Personnel Matters covers a large variety of options.   The people I have discussed this with agree with me that they are NOT in compliance.  So I decided to look at a few other towns and found the following towns are more in line with Maine law.





                  Click on 120618tcsa.pdf at the right side






It was really hard to find an Executive Session in Freeport because they apparently conduct all their business in the open.  Can you imagine how well informed their residents are and there is no need to request information under the Freedom of Access Act (FOAA)?  I believe that I am close to 90 FOAAs I have had to submit for information.



Also, Mrs. Dorothy Fitzgerald and I have been trying to get the town manager to clean up the town web site.  It continues to have outdated and useless information.  As usual, the council does not listen to either one of us.  Take a moment and look at how nice these other towns web sites are laid out compared to ours.
  
Wouldn’t it be nice if we had a council who listens to the people or a town manager who took pride in the town?  Our web site is disgraceful and an embarrassment to every resident.



There is no point in bringing up such items to a deaf council.  Citizens, who try to improve our town, are labeled “troublemakers” and ignored.



Larry Fillmore

Concerned Citizen 

No comments: