Hi there,It's been a difficult week, one that has us all wishing paying taxes was the most pressing concern on our minds. That said, here's our recap of the fiscal news that took a back seat this week:
1) How is Washington handling your tax dollars? In our latest video, we ask working Americans what they think about Washington's tax day track record, and about some of our government's most questionable expenses.
2) Americans turning (more) sour on the tax code. Gallup reports that fewer Americans now see their income taxes as fair. See what the average taxpayer's federal tax bill could have bought.
3) The Postal Service cuts deliveries, but not losses. According to The Washington Post, the USPS is losing a cool $25 million every day, a situation the Postmaster General calls a "broken business model."
4) Running up our tab overseas. Foreign holdings of America's national debt hit an all-time high of $5.66 trillion, the 14th consecutive monthly increase.
5) Stand strong, America. Americans were reminded this week that life is precious - and that it is the worst of times that brings out the best in all of us.