Latest Hard Metal Pricng

Saturday, September 14, 2013

More Information on the Dynamics of Lisbon Affairs


    • Fern Larochelle
      Its too bad to see a good Facebook page like this one becoming just anoughter Lisbon -bashing blog site
The Above is a direct quote from the facebook site “Positive change Lisbon” As I and My Wife were the only persons brave enough to post FACTS about the purchase of several toxic waste sites that the town which seems to be hell bent on purchasing with our tax dollars. This is the Leader of our town ?

They had a regular town meeting to discuss this and there were so many people in attendance they reluctantly re-scheduled a second meeting to allow the people who pay their salaries an opportunity to be heard. Now I work nights so I can pay my property taxes but I still went to the meeting for as long as I could. I also passed out “I LOVE LISBON BUTTONS” and when someone didn't want to take one I would ask them “don't you love your town ?” I did not see Fern or any other town officer or employee promoting POSITIVE feelings for our town.

Now most people (at least those aware of it) are upset with Fern's recent tax evasion and the purchase of the corner property across from the mill. Now as long as he had no prior knowledge of the actual purchasing of the mill it self I will applaud Fern for being a good capitalist and trying to pay as little in taxes as possible is as American as apple pie. If there was knowledge of future events, he has a moral obligation to own up to these improprieties at minimum. Now as I stated earlier I attended the second meeting for as long as I could but, as I understand it Fern stated that the town council had been discussing the Mill property for over 2 years at this meeting so who's bashing the taxpayers of this town me or Fern ?

Laus Deo'
Thomas Austin Barry III
Resident of Lisbon

Editors Note:  For real positive change you can go to
 PositiveChangeLisbon.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too bad Fern would not just resign. Actually, it would be nice if the whole council resigns along with with Mr. "I don't have that Answer" Eldridge.