Latest Hard Metal Pricng

Friday, April 22, 2016

FREE BEACON: State Department Office Removed Benghazi Files After Congressional Subpoena

Release of records delayed over a year due to removal 

Hillary Clinton / AP
Hillary Clinton / AP
BY:

State Department officials removed files from the secretary’s office related to the Benghazi attack in Libya and transferred them to another department after receiving a congressional subpoena last spring, delaying the release of the records to Congress for over a year.
Attorneys for the State Department said the electronic folders, which contain hundreds of documents related to the Benghazi attack and Libya, were belatedly rediscovered at the end of last year.
They said the files had been overlooked by State Department officials because the executive secretary’s office transferred them to another department and flagged them for archiving last April, shortly after receiving a subpoena from the House Select Committee on Benghazi.
The new source of documents includes electronic folders used by senior officials under Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. They were originally kept in the executive secretary’s office, which handles communication and coordination between the secretary of state’s office and other department bureaus.
TO READ MORE: http://freebeacon.com/issues/state-department-office-removed-benghazi-files-congressional-subpoena/?utm_source=Freedom+Mail&utm_campaign=4a26c74be5-WFB_Morning_Beacon_04_22_164_21_2016&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b5e6e0e9ea-4a26c74be5-45610861
Post a Comment