Latest Hard Metal Pricng

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lisbon Parent/Volunteers Thanks Mr. Patrie‏




Good Morning,

Every now and then, we all receive good news. Following is an email from Laurie Pitcher, a Lisbon parent and volunteer for the Lisbon School Department, praising our Lisbon Community School Assistant Principal, Ryan Patrie. I wanted to share with you to see if her message could be shared with your readers.

Mr. Patrie shows random acts of kindness on a regular basis. What a wonderful role model for our students and families.

If you have any questions, please let me know. We understand you have the right to edit for publication. Thank you for your consideration.

Monica







From: Pitcher

Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 4:13 PM
To: Monica Millhime
Subject: Mr. Patrie




Hi Monica,



I would like to publicly thank Mr. Ryan Patrie, assistant principal at Lisbon Community School, for helping me this afternoon and I knew you would know how to go about this. I thought about a letter to the editor and/or school board, but I am not sure if there is another avenue.


This afternoon I was stuck in the mud at pick up time at LCS. You can't imagine how many cars drove right past me looking at me struggling to get my car out of the mud, some of the drivers even smirking in amusement as they drove by. I was amazed at the lack of compassion from all the adults driving past me, not one stopping to help. It actually brought back a memory of when my oldest daughter was a freshman and threw up in the hallway not being able to make it to the bathroom in time. She verbalized amazement at the same exact lack of compassion she saw. No one offered her help, many laughed at her.


I just got done helping my 7 and 5 yr olds make posters for kindness week at LCS and am struck by the helpfulness and kindness that I have witnessed in the younger ages. Why does that kindness and compassion have to leave the majority of the population and at what age does this occur? There are so few people in this world that really have a heart and I am saddened by that.


BUT, I do see in Mr. Patrie constant giving, a constant smile, a constant manner of kindness. He is such an asset to our school system. Today, I called into the school office asking if there was anyone that could come help me with a push or to drive my car so I could push it out of the mud. A secretary answered the phone. A minute later Mr. Patrie came out to help me and he pushed me out of the mud without question and always a smile. I felt so bad that I got him full of mud and apologized to him, but he said, "don't apologize". I need to do something for him.





Thank you, Monica,



Laurie Pitcher

Mr. Patrie shows random acts of kindness on a regular basis. What a wonderful role model for our students and families.

No comments: