Latest Hard Metal Pricng

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

AN OPEN LETTER TO TOWN COUNCIL MEMBER AND VICE-CHAIR LISA WARD‏

 
 Lisbon Council Vice-Chairman Lisa Ward
 
At last night's Town Council meeting, (Tuesday March 5, 2013), I made a comment that I felt that of the 4 people who applied to be alternatives on the Finance Committee, two who had never been on a committee deserved an opportunity to serve. I feel that it is time for new faces, ideas and opinions, especially on the Finance Committee.
 
After the meeting Councilor and Vice-chair Lisa Ward came up to me and "invited" me to attend finance committee meetings.
 
I thought that all meetings were public. Maybe I was wrong?
 
I have been attending town meetings, speaking up and asking questions for over 40 years. 
 
I have been attending Town Council meetings since they began.
 
I was on the Budget/Advisory Board and never missed a meeting.
 
I never saw Ms. Ward at council meetings until she was elected to the Council.
 
She never attended a budget meeting before she was elected to the town council.
 
And now she is "inviting' me to attend a budget meeting?!  
 
Wonder if Ms. Ward has paid her $3,000 real estate tax bill? Oh, that's right.
She does not pay real estate taxes., Yet she is making decisions on the the Town of Lisbon's budget! ! ! ????
 
Please Lisa, don't feel that you have to invite me to attend a meeting, or thank me for attending one, as you have done in the past.
 
I'm only doing my civic duty. As I have always done.
 
Dot Fitzgerald
A Very Concerned Lisbon Citizen
 
P.S. Those appyling for alternate members of the Finance Committee are former council members Mike Bowie and Lori Pomelow, 
Norris Ingersol and Bill Kuhl.
It was determined that Mr. Kuhl's application was not on the town's required form so was not applicable.
As Mr. Ingersol had not followed up on his application with numerous phone calls it was determined he was not serious.
 
Guess who got the jobs???????????????????

2 comments:

Councilor Cote said...

This is the same bull shit that continues year after year and will continue until that ball headed piece of shit we have in the police department retires.

Anonymous said...

Ms.Ward is not the only councilor that doesn't pay property tax in Lisbon. What about Mr Pesce and Mr Lunt and LLC screw the town if Larry Don't Catch me LaRochelle?