Latest Hard Metal Pricng

Monday, September 23, 2013

Vietnam POW 40th Reunion News Coverage





On May 24, 1973, President and First Lady Nixon hosted American Prisoners of War held captive in Vietnam for the largest dinner ever held at the White House.

40 years later, the Richard Nixon Foundation hosted what was perhaps their last reunion gathering. The following is a collection of television and print news coverage.

No matter what one thinks of Nixon now - watch this!
 
 


Submitted by: "Curt B." a Vietnam Fighter Pilot Veteran with a little side bar notation.


Paul Kari, you are interviewed in the video. 
 
After he left office, I had the honor to fly he and Pat from MIA to DCA on a B727.  I was the Captain on the flight and got on the plane from the ramp, no one was around, I walked onto the plane wondering if I had the correct gate and if I had just wasted a preflight.  I walked on board and the President and Mrs. Nixon were alone in First Class, the plane was hot with no ground AC or electrical power.  I introduced myself and apologized for the cabin temp and said that I’d correct it immediately.   He was very pleasant and said “thank you”.  I found out later that they turn the AC off so the bomb sniffing dogs can do their job.
 
Nixon sure didn’t back off from the Democraps, wish we had him in office now.
 
 
Cheers, Curt
With thanks to Cush.
From: Joseph Cushing  
Memories--------------------------------"

No comments: