Latest Hard Metal Pricng

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Dear Anonymous

To Anonymous:
 

I may be old but I am not dead.

I began attending town meetings before you were a pup.

I cared about my community then, and I still care.

I hope to leave Lisbon a better place than it is now.

 

I remember when Lisbon and Lisbon Falls were thriving.

People shopped in town, because there were stores to shop in.

Our streets were in good shape.

Our town was in good shape financially.

 

Fast forward to today!

 

We are spending $20,000 a year for a Town Planner,

working on a Route 196 Master Plan and Design Standards 

with the hope that it will entice new business to town.

 

If you had attended the Tuesday March 25 Town Council

and Budget meeting you would have heard Interim Town Manager Dale Olmsted say that we need to put more money into our roads.

 

He said that when someone is wanting to start or relocate their business, 
the first thing they look at is a town's roads and infrastructure.
 

Have you driven our roads lately?

Great aren't they?

 

For our Police Department, we are spending $1,018,154.00,

One Million, Eighteen Thousand, One Hundred Fifty Four Dollars.


That is 24.1% of our total municipal budget! ! ! ! 

 

With not much left over for our roads. 

 

I own property in Lisbon. I pay real estate taxes, water and sewer bills.
 

That, along with the right to free speech, gives me the right to voice my opinions.

 

And I am not afraid to sign my name to what I write.

 

I DO NOT HIDE BEHIND "ANONYMOUS".

 

Dot Fitzgerald

A Very Concerned Lisbon Citizen
 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There have been comments- but apparently Dot cannot take criticism like she can dish it out. Post the others- I am sure many would agree

Anonymous said...

Ahh...An opportunity for your pal Larry to defend you and your inflated opinion of yourself. Dotty Doo why don't you publish the other comments? Because they differ from yours?